FOR YOUR REFERENCE:
1. Your Data
Your data will only be used to benefit you and your shopping experience. We won’t keep your data for no reason. If we don’t need it, we’ll delete it.
2. Our Promise
You have our word that we’ll treat and protect your data like it’s our own.
3. Always Informed
We’ll give it to you straight and keep you updated with what you need to know.
4. No Spam
Let us know your preferences – you decide what and how you hear from us.
We’ve got your back when it comes to fashion and the same goes for your personal details. As a customer, you are super important to us, which means we will protect you and your personal data and information at all costs.
How we get your information
Most of the information you, the customer, provide us with happens when you’re engaging with us and our brand. This could be from anything from browsing the site, to purchasing and registering for an account.
When creating and registering an account, you may provide us with personal information including your name, email address, delivery address, phone number, credit card details, date of birth and other general marketing preferences.
We may also receive information from you via you entering one of our competitions, participating in any feedback questionnaires around your shopping experience with us, or from any communication, you may have with our customer services team.
What we collect & how we use it
When you use our website or services, we automatically collect and store certain information in our server logs. This information can include details of what you search for, your internet protocol address (IP), device information such as operating system, browser language and date/time of any requests you make
When shopping or engaging with our services we may use your IP address or location services from your device to geo-locate your approximate location. We do this to ensure we’re providing you with a relevant and optimum shopping experience with regards to everything from showing you the correct prices for your country, delivery methods and address options.
We, of course, use your address and contact data to ensure we can deliver all the must-buy products you purchase with us to your front door as soon as possible. We will also drop you several emails and text messages to provide you with updates on your order. On this, we also share selected information with our trusted courier partners, so they can also keep you updated on your parcels progress.
When it comes to your personal info, you have a lot of rights. These include:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used by companies.
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request that we purge your data, stop processing it or collecting it in some circumstances.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages.
- The right to request that we transfer elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
- The right to complain to your country’s data protection regulator.
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint to make, or just have a question for us – get in touch!
We take the protection of our customer’s data very seriously, so you can trust we wouldn’t, and don’t, sell or distribute any of your personal data to untrusted third parties. We do, however, share relevant parts of your data with select third parties if they are processing data on our behalf. These are closely selected, monitored and audited companies who assist us in providing our services to you the customer. We call these companies data processors, to help explain what they do we have broken these down to four key categories:
- Companies that help us and our customers use our services such as payment processors, warehouse team, courier companies, and return services.
- Service providers that we work closely with to help us run things day to day and provide better experiences to customers. These companies include Google, advertising partners, our website hosting company and various other tools we use such as multi-variant testing etc.
- Companies that we feel sure get our customer’s approval. These include social media sites (such as when you login with Facebook), or when you checkout using PayPal when shopping with us.
Any other third parties will not receive your personal identifiable information. They may, however, get access to anonymized data which we use to identify patterns and market trends.
- Functionality Cookies – The cookies required for users to navigate the website and use features such as add to bag and login.
- Preference Cookies – The cookies used to store your preferences. This includes things like language and country so we can make your experience way more personal – it’s all about you!
- Analytics Cookies – The cookies that allow us to analyze how customers use the website and allow us to action this information to improve our experience and offering. We always wanna make things better for you.
- Targeting and Advertising Cookies – The cookies used to deliver adverts that are relevant to you. They’re also used to track ‘click-through’ and engagement of our adverts to help us measure our marketing campaigns.
We use cookie information and other technologies to provide a personalized user experience to our customers to give them the best shopping experience possible. This allows us to improve the quality of our services, and provide customers with the most relevant content. We use several automated systems that analyze content to provide customers with personalized search results, promotions and offers.